Saturday, March 17, 2018

Things of Yesteryear 02

Hello! Yesterday I bought some intriguing old photographs at a few antique stores I visited. I have always marveled at the fact that every photograph has a story, an emotion, and a life all its own and to think that people would give up such precious treasures is beyond me. Some may find old photographs unsettling, creepy even, but I see so much beauty and history captured within their sepia tones. There's something so special about buying old photographs. It gives me a wonderful, deep feeling that I am preserving history, that I am preserving their untold stories. Now, I share them with you. <3

P.S. The last photograph is rather interesting. Before you take a look at the photos below I wanted the briefly describe the strangeness of the eerie last photograph. It looks like limbs of light are coming from the sky tangling near the roaming sheep. There even appears to be a name within the light that almost seems to say "Elina". How odd is that?!?

Which is your favorite?

Trapped                                                                                                Baby Bill

Girls in White & The Shadow Men

 The Foliage of a Girl

The Cat Lover

Me, Myself, and I

 Laken 1846                                                                             The Floating Infant

Light and Sheep

8 comments:

  1. I love old photos - so fun! I'm a vintage and retro junkie and I always love looking at old pictures whenever I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I was utterly obsessed with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children because of the interesting photographs. <3

      Delete
  2. Old photos are so interesting! I would be especially curious to know the story behind that last one...xx

    emily // a purpose and a promise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That one is really odd. I wonder...:)

      Delete