Saturday, December 23, 2017

Icy World // a poem

this world can sometimes seem so cold
leaving chills clinging to my bones
as I inhale ice into my lungs
and let them turn to stone.
my fingertips are a chilly blue
from all the pain they have touched
so I stuff them in my pockets
to warm the suffering they tightly clutch.
my eyes are glossed with crystal frost
telling me what to see
though it leaves blind spots with its pure snow
letting me see a filtered reality.
I live in an icy world
that snows each and every day
hoping that the falling flurries
will mask the spreading decay.
but ice has a way of melting
and letting buried secrets be seen
when the world is not washed
by its cold artificial clean.

2 comments:

  1. This is so, so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poems are amazing. Every time I read one of them I wonder to myself how you thought of something so cleaver and beautiful.

    I like the new blog look! I was surprised to see the change when I opened up this post!

    ReplyDelete